Subscribe in a reader

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, October 1, 2007

Primal Change

Went away to the mountains for the weekend and took Primal Branding, good to scan that again. One note towards the end caught me eye, “All belief systems need to be reenergized lest they grow stale and risk public refusal.” I buy it.


I thought about why brands that I have worked with do refreshes. More often than not it has been for reasons that are not about re-energizing because it’s just time and the brand is due. Emergence from bankruptcy, lagging sales, fierce new competition, new chiefs, these are the reasons that have been the impetus for the branding work I have done. Maybe now is a good time to think about more frequent pulse-taking for your brand? Do consumers say you need to refresh?


On a personal level here is my list (it is Monday) of things I need to refresh for my “personal brand”:


1) Endurance

· Once on a path, if its good and right, stick to it

2) Extra Mile

· Everyday, try to do a little extra, for the family, faith, and the agency

3) Focus

· Research seems to be indicating we are all overdoing the multitasking thing, and it is hurting productivity

4) Simplify

· People get way too much data these days, boil communication down. Power point slides? No more than 3 points per slide and keep them clean

5) Fear Not

· At the end of the day, you can only control what you can control. Do the homework; give it your all, and what will be will be

Is it time for you to re-energize?


J

1 comment:

Jeremiah Smith said...

I highly agree with this post J. One of the oldest tricks in the book is making a list for everything you do. Now this is an uber organized method of focusing, but I like to make a list of everything I have to do for each client down to the tiniest details. Run through each task in my mind to see how long each one will take, and then write an order of priorities with your ballpark for how many minutes before you finish. Then I turn on some music, sit down, and look at the first on the list. I can generally knock the whole thing out much faster with more quality than if I jumped between tasks.
This works well for me, and I almost have to do it due to the amount of tasks I would like to get done in a day. Great post!